Friday 2 January 2015

Prevention of stuffiness

Recently I came across several old compilations of the Illustrated London News left outside on the pavement. Thank you to the generous person who was discarding these! They offer a fascinating insight into the past. These three large and very heavy tomes dated from 1908, 1907 and 1906. I'm sure they will be a source of continuing interest for me in my endeavour to know more about everything. One item and image from September 1907 struck an immediate chord with me and I wanted to post the picture here for viewers to see. The experimental cabinet depicted reminded me so much of my own current cupboard abode. The box in the experiment is a little larger than mine but my cupboard has to hold only myself. The experimental box obviously contains humans rather than my type but I'm sure the truths alluded to still hold. I've placed the clipping with my collection of other interesting snippets inside my cupboard as a reminder of the phenomenon mentioned. In the past I have wondered about installing a fan or air vent of some description in my cupboard. It might be  especially beneficial when I'm using candle-light to work or read by, which is quite often. 

More to follow soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment